Wax-Tape® #2 anticorrosion wrap has a proven history over three decades of successful field applications. It is used with Trenton primers, profiling mastics and outerwraps to create the Trenton Wax-Tape® System.
The Wax-Tape® anticorrosion wrap system is particularly effective in situations where it is difficult to abrasion blast.
Trenton Wax-Tape® #2 anticorrosion wrap is unique in that it is soft and pliable then firms up to form a long-lasting, highly effective protective coating. The wrap is composed of microcrystalline waxes, plasticizers, corrosion inhibitors and other ingredients saturated into a nonwoven, nonstitch bonded synthetic fabric. There are no siliceous mineral fillers.
Trenton Wax-Tape® Primer or Temcoat™ Primer is required prior to applying the Wax-Tape wrap. The primer acts as a surface conditioner by filling the pores of the metal, penetrating any rust and displacing any moisture. Trenton Fill-Pro™ profiling mastic can be used to fill in large voids. For further mechanical protection, Trenton MCO™ moisture- cured outerwrap is available.
- Quick and easy to apply, with minimal equipment requirements
- Readily conforms to irregularly shaped surfaces
- Requires minimal surface preparation (SSPC SP2 or ISO St2)
- Can be applied over wet surfaces at “in-service” temperatures
- No cure time, so ready for immediate backfill after application
- Non-toxic, non-carcinogenic, low Volatile Organic Components (VOCs)
- May be used aboveground or belowground (UV resistant)
- Resistant to acid, salts, and other soil organics over a wide range of pH
- High dielectric strength
- Excellent resistance to cathodic disbondment
- Compatible with most other coatings
- Can be painted after firming up
- Cost effective, especially considering it does not require abrasion blasting and is much longer lasting than paint